Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Lentil Sloppy Joes (Food52 Vegan)

Hi everyone! Continuing with MiniMoFo's January theme of “new,” I tried another new recipe from another new cookbook. On Wednesday, I made the Lentil Sloppy Joes from Food52 Vegan by Gena Hamshaw; Zach & I enjoyed them on hamburger buns, with waffle fries on the side.


The leftovers came in handy for a quick late dinner on Thursday; my mom and I spent the day in Philadelphia at the Resistance in Philly: Fighting for Our Lives rally & march protesting Trump & the GOP who were staying at the Loews Hotel. The rally had a lot of great speakers, and then we marched, and wow, was it a crowd; the energy was absolutely amazing! I could go on and on, but suffice it to say, it was amazing and I am so glad that I went! 



[“If we don't get no justice, they don't get no”] Peace. :)

4 comments:

  1. I love lentil Joe's so much! I have the recipe from Veganomicon memorized I've made them so often. "If we don't get no justice, they don't get no peace" I love it so much!! I'm so glad you were able to attend that march!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I'll have to try the Veganomicon recipe sometime! There were so many good chants, but that was one of my favorite ones for sure! :)

      Delete
  2. Waffle fries are so much fun, we don't really get them here that I have seen.

    So great that you were able to make it to a march! I am scared about what is going on. Seeing people protest and march and stand up for things is so important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! :) The sense of solidarity at this march was incredible; every time I see another protest, I can't help but feel hopeful. In these particularly terrifying times, the simple reminder that people are continuing to stand up & fight back is so reassuring.

      Delete